A Desktop Support Technician is the one who:
1. Configures, maintains the operating systems on desktops and laptops
2. S/He can also migrate or upgrade the existing operating systems on desktops
3. Installation and configuration of operating systems on bulk PCs using system imaging tools
Why take admission?
A desktop support technician can cater to companies/enterprises having an IT infrastructure including desktops and laptops or the companies who are providing operating system sales and support.
The career opportunities for Desktop Support Technician are:
1. Companies/enterprises having an IT infrastructure
2. Companies who are providing operating system sales and support
Installing Windows 7 OS, Installing Ubuntu on a PC, Installing Windows server 2008 R2, Creating Virtual OS Environment, Creating Windows 7 Virtual Operating System, Managing Devices and Drivers in an OS, Configuring backups in Windows 7, Capturing Disk Image -Backup, Capturing Disk Image -Restore, Configuring Regional Language Settings
- Operating Systems
- Creating Virtual Operating System Environment
- Managing Users and Groups
- File System in OS
- Disks and Devices Management
- Configuring backups and System images
- Post Installation configurations
- Managing and Maintaining Windows 7 Desktop OS
- The medium of instruction is English.
- Study material not available.
- MS-CIT passed preferred.
- Should preferably be a 10th/12th Std. passed student. (Not compulsory)